Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mezada - The Lord of the Rings


Perched up on a Hilltop overlooking the Dead Sea is the sacred platue of Mezada. It is the real-life version of Lord of the Rings, except in this setting, I believe it was the Romans doing the conquering. I could only imagine what it was like to look out across the valley and see thousands of People surrounding your little hilltop, wanting only to conquer you and watch you die in the process!!! It gives me the chills to think what must have been going through the minds of the people as they watched in awe of their fate. I actually found the whole seen quite cowardly, until I read small translated excerpt written from the people at the time. I am not sure exactly what it said, but I do remember it saying, " We would rather take our own lives then to watch our wives raped and our children forced into slavery for this greusome culture. We take our lives to save the destruction of our humanity....I would have done the same over watching a culture of sub-humans poison the souls of my kin....

No comments: