Thursday, February 5, 2009

Quick Note On Slumdog Millionaire

I am sure you have all been aware of the hype and sensationalism of the brilliantly depicted film over the past few months. I just have to share with you that I was astounded when I first saw the film. Not, because of the story line, the fact that the girl is one of the most beautiful offerings I have ever seen, or the creative flow of the music and art of the film....no....I was astounded by the fact that it is the most realistic cinematographic view of India that I have seen so far in the theaters. Most movies try to doll this country up making it look like some ancient paradise of temples and sages. Well, yes, it is that, but all the the dirt, trash and destruction that you see in this film is the real India that I am living in right now and that I see on a day to day basis. Now, the crime, killing and human sacrifice, that, really is nowhere to be seen, but, I can tell you that the visual display given in this movie is as dead on as I have seen in a film to this day. Just thought I would share. Really, all that chaos is what makes this country so brilliant...IN MY EYES. But I guess we only see things as we want to see the them. That is the beauty of being human. We can see all this in thousands of different ways. I see it all as ART!!

No comments: