Monday, December 29, 2008

First Train Experience - March 15th, 2008

I never imagined that I would sleep so sound on a moving vehicle. I slept like a man whom had been neglecting rest for days. My rest was deep, my love was wide and when I woke, I could do nothing but smile as the multi layered landscape painted the horizon full spectral colors of Grace. The genlemen in my bunk did not speak English at all and they gave me the window to sit next to during the day. I moved from eating Nutmello and bananas to indulging in Chia and Indian snacks, to sleeping, to watching the world turn, to listening to music, to meditating, to reading (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance), to playing guitar and all back around again. I must say that it was a joyous experience to be on this train. I was grateful and really am looking forward to an new journey in the North. I have no idea what that journey is going to be, but I do know that it is going to be new.

The train was full of Chai Wallahs, the literally come by every 2 or 3 minutes, it’s a blast and worth the experience alone I tell ya. A smile was stuck to my face as I reflected on the first 5 months of my journey and I watched the middle of India pass by at an extremely fast pace. The landscape was much like that of the middle of America. There was only a few differences. One being the amount of women out working in the fields, and two being the joy on peoples faces as they watched the passing train. These things you don’t much see back home, but I do believe in change.

In a blanket of grace, I went to sleep at around 10PM that night.

No comments: